The Pension des Hirondelles at Les Bovets hamlet with a magnificent view over the Glacier des Diablerets, burnt down in 1872 but was rebuilt and renamed Hotel du Pillon.
The hotel could accommodate 50 guests. Its ‘Golden Age’ was in 1900 when literary and musical evenings as well as the presentation of plays took place.
It was bought by the Club Rambert in 1947 and till 2007 it was called La Gentiane.
During the 1950s it became a boarding school for young girls from the district.
Reference: 'La vallée des Ormonts', 1994, H.-L. Guinard, Lutry, page 285